At repath we are building the world’s first climate risk transformation solution. We are a young and innovative startup based in Hamburg, Germany and translate insights from climate science into climate risk for businesses and eventually everybody. We are close to releasing our first product and are at the beginning of an amazing journey, where we want to create real impact on earth by tackling the challenge of increasing climate risks. Furthermore, we believe, that being a GreenTech Startup is not enough. As a company, we aim to have a significantly positive impact on the common good and the environment.
In support of our founding team, we are looking for a motivated working student (m/f/d) to contribute and strengthen our data integration and infrastructure. The employment is intended to begin as soon as possible. We offer up to 30 working hours per month, with a salary of 15 € per hour and the possibility to increase working hours in the future.
- You will be working alongside the development team to help build data services and expand our technical infrastructure back-end
- Work on existing data pipelines to analyze and prepare data (climate, geospatial, socio-economic)
- Help to develop performant features for our climate analysis platform Climtelligence
- Work on project specific tasks (specific spatial analysis, enrichment of analyses with additional data sets)
What we are looking for
- University student with background in informatics, physics, meteorology or other related disciplines in natural or earth sciences
- Experience in the programming language Python is essential
- Experience using relational database technologies such as mySQL is essential
- Background knowledge in software engineering (e.g. packaging, debugging, optimization, documentation) is beneficial
- Experience working with geospatial data is beneficial
- Experience with noSQL databases is beneficial
- Experience working with Tableau is beneficial
- Someone who is eager to learn and expand their knowledge, e.g. ML, front-end dev
- You speak english well, and/or speak german
- You like creative work and a fun work environment
- You are enthusiastic about our topic’s climate risks and adaptation to climate change
- You have the ability to work in a team as well as independently and self-organized
- You are willing to engage in an agile startup environment and a highly motivated team
What we offer
- Dynamic startup environment with an open-minded and highly motivated team
- Supervision by experienced climate scientist and engineers
- Steep learning curve in big data analysis and software engineering in Python
- Possibility to develop and pursue own ideas
- Insights beyond the pure scientific analysis of data and processes
- Flexible working models in terms of time and place
- Above average payment level of 15€ per working hour
- Working perspective beyond academia
- A job with purpose, contributing to develop solutions for the greatest risks for earth, climate change
Ready to join us?
We are excited to get to know you!
We promote diversity and meet as equals. No matter what you are like, we look forward to meeting you. To avoid bias, we prefer to accept applications without a photo. Please include your earliest possible start date with your application.
Please send your application to email@example.com
If you have further questions to this job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
#Take the repath