At repath we are building the world’s first climate risk transformation solution. We are a young and innovative startup based in Hamburg, Germany and translate insights from climate science into climate risk for businesses and eventually everybody. We are close to releasing our first product and are at the beginning of an amazing journey, where we want to create real impact on earth by tackling the challenge of increasing climate risks. Furthermore, we believe, that being a GreenTech Startup is not enough. As a company, we aim to have a significantly positive impact on the common good and the environment.
In support of our founding team, we are looking for a motivated working student (m/f/d) to contribute and strengthen our software development. The employment is intended to begin as soon as possible. We offer up to 30 working hours per month, with a salary of 15 € per hour and the possibility to increase working hours in the future.
- Support of the software development at repath
- Contribute to the development of a software package for automated processing of (not only) climate model ensemble data
- Review Python code and investigate Python packages for dedicated tasks
- Running, monitoring and reviewing automated processing routines
- Develop and implement new data processing and extract-transform-load (ETL) features
- Organize datasets and metadata through programming interfaces (APIs) and open databases
What we are looking for
- University student with background in informatics, physics, meteorology or other related disciplines in natural or earth sciences
- Experience in the programming language Python, the software version control system git, and Linux/Unix computer environments or computing clusters is essential
- Background knowledge in software engineering (e.g. packaging, debugging, optimization, documentation) and databases is beneficial
- Experience in the analysis and handling of climate model ensemble data and/or earth observations, and the NetCDF format is beneficial
- You are fluent in German or English
- You like creative work and a fun work environment
- You are enthusiastic about our topic’s climate risks and adaptation to climate change
- You have the ability to work in a team as well as independently and self-organized
- You are willing to engage in an agile startup environment and a highly motivated team
What we offer
- Dynamic startup environment with an open-minded and highly motivated team
- Supervision by experienced climate scientists and engineers
- Steep learning curve in big data analysis and software engineering in Python
- Access to a supercomputing cluster for heavy lifting data crunching
- Possibility to develop and pursue own ideas
- Flexible working models in terms of time and place
- Above average payment level of 15€ per working hour
- Working perspective beyond academia
- A job with purpose, contributing to develop solutions for the greatest risks for earth, climate change
Ready to join us?
We are excited to get to know you!
We promote diversity and meet as equals. No matter what you are like, we look forward to meeting you. To avoid bias, we prefer to accept applications without a photo. Please include your earliest possible start date with your application.
Please send your application to email@example.com
If you have further questions to this job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
#Take the repath